Though some of these bad design practices are less common on the web now, others are actually more of a problem because continued abuse has made users ever more sensitive to them.
Areas that still cause major problems include:
- Links that don't change color when visited
- Breaking the back button
- Opening new browser windows
- Pop-up windows
- Design elements that look like advertisements
- Violating Web-wide conventions
- Vaporous content and empty hype
- Dense content and unscannable text
Read more here.
And from a look at the book’s cover – - I actually read his first book Designing Web Usability years ago -- I can see one other thing hasn’t changed … The plain two tone half-n-half cover.
Hmm... I wonder if this approach has been proven to improve the
Technorati Tags: Usability, Library