- 81% (38 library systems) are currently offering self check services in some form.
- Of the 38 offering it, only 6 libraries have it at every branch location (Columbus Metro Library, OH; Gwinnett County Public Library, GA; Nashville Public Library, TN; San Jose Public Library, CA; Seattle Public Library, WA; Tucson-Pima Public Library, AZ).
- Of the eight not offering it, 4 were currently considering it.
- 49% (17 of t35) of libraries that offer it have self-checkout in over half of their branch locations.
- 71% (25 of 35) of the libraries that offer it have self-checkout in more than a quarter of their branch locations.
- 57% (20 of 35) have it have been offering self-checkout in some capacity since the 1990s.
- 43% (15 of 35) mentioned plans to expand self-checkout services, even as early as this year.
BTW: If you're curious PLCMC currently offers Express Check (our installation of TechLogic's solution also offers the ability to pay for fines & rental fees with credit/debit) at two locations. Our hope is to secure funding that will allow us to expand it to all twenty-four locations next year. ** Fingers Crossed **
And here's even short video created by our awesome Web Services team. :) (Sorry, it doesn't show the credit/debit swipper which is flush with the desk and just off to the right of the barcode scanner)
PS: Thanks Julie, You're a GEM !!!
PPS: Yup! I just had to play around a bit with YouTube to see how easy it is... and posting this little video gave me the opportunity I needed. :)
Technorati Tags: Self Check-out, Express Check, Library