- Keep a firewall running at all times. .
- Make sure all Windows updates are updated promptly. **
- Use an anti-spyware tool with real-time protection. ** But be sure to consult your IT staff before downloading anything
- Don't open attachments or click links in emails from strangers. ** This can’t be said enough
- Only download software from a trusted source. ** Or better yet, consult your IT staff
- Don't visit adult sites. ** In libraries, does this really need to be said?
- Avoid using file-sharing programs. **
- Don't click pop-up ads. **
- Always read end-user license agreements.
- Surf with a fox. ** And last but not least if you haven’t discovered the FireFox yet, just do! If tab browsing isn't not enough to convince you, then this tip should!!!
Ok, nuff said. And, also be sure to read the full text.
Technorati Tags: Spyware, Library